30880 Black Sage Road
Planted in 1996 and has been producing increasingly better wine grapes with each vintage. Plantings include the Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Cabernet Franc that go into our ultra-popular Nota Bene blend. Further, we grow a deep, luscious Carmenere grape on our site that goes into our single varietal Carmenere. We also grow crisp, ripe Sauvignon and Semillon grapes in our vineyard that are used to create our Alibi white blend. We also have approximately two acres that we use for the growing of our fresh and exciting Chardonnay varietal.
The tasting room of black hills has just recentely been seen open more often.
No wines are available for free tasting, but on rare occasions the hard to find Nota Bene is available for purchase.
The ownership of this winery is unique in that 300 Limited Partners each bought $25,000.00 shares. Each share entitles the owner to one case of Nota Bene for free per year as well as the right to purchase one additional case. Jason Priestly of 90210 fame is one of the figure head limited partners who is thought to have received his interest for free to attract interest in the project.
In 2011 more partnership units were sold to finance an expansion of the winery. These shares were priced at $30,000.00.
2007 Nota bene release price $53.00/bottle
2008 Nota bene release price $53.00/bottle
2009 Nota bene release price $53.00/bottle
2010 Nota bene release price $53.00/bottle
About the Vinequest Wine Partners Limited partnership
The Vinequest Wine Partners Limited Partnership Ltd. was established in 2007 and successfully acquired the assets and operating business of Black Hills estate Winery (“Black Hills”) on Dec. 17, 2007. Vinequest wine Partners Limited Partnership is now doing business as Black Hills estate Winery.
Owner/Operator: Graham Pierce, Steve Carberry
In September 2013 black hills announced a new wine club, below are the details
A Black Hills Estate Winery Wine Club membership is the perfect way to pamper yourself. It’s also a wonderful gift for loved ones, friends or business associates- or as a unique thank you gift for weddings, birthdays or anniversaries. A Wine Club membership affords you an abundance of exclusive benefits and perks at no membership fee, merely a commitment to receive direct shipment 3 times per year. Not only can you enjoy piece of mind in knowing that wine will automatically be delivered from our cellar to your door upon each release, saving you time and effort, but we will also keep you personally connected to our winery year round. It’s that simple!
There are 3 wine clubs for you to choose from:
- Mixed Half-Case Club
- Mixed Case Club
- Red Only Wine Club
All membership to include:
- Three annual deliveries per year right to your home or place of business anywhere in Canada.
- Front of the line access to all wine releases including Nota Bene, Carmenere, special limited edition library releases, large format bottles and club only wine releases
- Free Shipping for all Wine Club releases and case orders for Wine Club members
- 15% discount on all wine re-orders from Black Hills Estate Winery within 30 days of each Wine Club Release
- Complementary VIP Private Cabana Tasting for you and up to 3 guests each year when you visit Black Hills Wine Experience Centre. (Regular Value up to $200.00 per visit)
- Invitations to exclusive Wine Members Only Events including our free ‘Winemakers Brunch Pick up Party’ every June. Two complimentary tickets per Wine Club Member ($200.00 value)
- 50% reduced price tickets to the annual Nota Bene Release Party. Limit 2 per membership, 159.00 value (non-transferrable)
- 15% discount on all winery event tickets and non-wine merchandise
- Preferred pricing on Nota Bene releases
- Special reduced rates for accommodation at Black Hills Partner Hotels in Osoyoos
- Specially prepared recipes created by chefs paired to each of the Black Hills wines
When you buy a wine club membership as a gift, we will send you a Wine Club welcome letter that you can give to the lucky recipient. They will be thinking of you with a smile each time the wine arrives on their doorstep.
Thanks to Bill C-311, we can now offer wine club memberships and deliver wine to anyone, anywhere in Canada.below is a copy of the letter talking about the release of more partnership units in 2011